Looking Like Wet Chickens in Georgia
If I could give you one tip for traveling, it is to never ever trust Accuweather. Well it was probably our fault thinking we can brave the weather (it's about the same range as winter in Abu Dhabi) so don't mind my previous statement. Haha.
October of 2015 we went to Georgia, not the state, but the country. It was amazing. The place was idyllic and unforgettable. I can go on and on but first let me show you the video for our trip:
October of 2015 we went to Georgia, not the state, but the country. It was amazing. The place was idyllic and unforgettable. I can go on and on but first let me show you the video for our trip:
If one lives in the UAE, the cheapest way to travel from is if you depart from Dubai or Sharjah. Most of the budget airlines are based there. There are also cheap travel agencies that offer holiday packages so it is just up to you to choose.
In this trip, we used both. Initially Laika and I got a deal from Holiday Factory for just 899AED which included both airfare and hotel accommodation. However, some of our friends decided to tag along so we had to book for them separately from FlyDubai and then booked them accommodations from booking.com.
We did a thorough search for what we were going to do there including what to bring and what to expect. This is where the accuweather thing comes in. All of us, I mean every one of us checked the weather and we all thought it was not going to be very cold. We checked the whole month of October that year and even the previous years and we thought to ourselves that it was not going to so.
So confident were we that we did not really bring clothes that can protect us from heavy cold. Well we were travel noobs so it was probably the reason why. We arrived to a rainy morning in Georgia and without having the right clothing, we were wet, cold, and literally felt like wet chickens! So it wasn't actually accuweather's fault. They've always been very reliable so I'm sorry for mumbling about them.
Since we booked from an agency and had our friends on DIY, we had to stay on different accommodations. Laika and I stayed at Grand Palace Hotel which is a bit far from the city center while our friend's stayed at Ramasy Guest House (now named Nataly Guest House) which is inside the old town.
more katol moments to come boo boos...to the next adventure!
ReplyDeletehahaha for sure booboo! Let's make B&H count!
Delete